Randwick, New South Wales

I disputed with Upwork over development work costing US$8.7K. Paypal wouldn't help. Filed with Visa got back AUD$5,000. This is the company who ripped me off V T Nezwelt - do not use them. Also don't bother with the dispute resolution section they don't give a *** (they scheduled a meeting at 2:00 am less than 24 hours before the meeting and then when I didn't turn up they closed my case). As soon as you know that they are going to rip you off dispute through Paypal and then your bank and don't back down. Mine is a year later and I'm still going trying to recover the rest of my costs.

I have filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau in the US and I have written to numerous bodies in India like the Advertising Council of India etc.

Website was so bad that my insurer Lloyds would not insure it because I would get sued by end users and Google termed it so poor in quality they wouldn't list it!!!!

In my case the person I hired performed none of the work and instead my work was sent out to junior developers without my consent or knowledge.

This is what their legal counsel wrote in response to my Letter of Demand:

UPWORK STOP DELETING THIS MESSAGE FROM VISITOR POSTS IT'S CENSORSHIP - PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE OF YOUR PRACTICES INCLUDING THAT YOU DON'T GUARANTEE OR CHECK EVEN THE IDENTITY OF YOUR USERS WARNING to others - Upwork freelancers V T Nezwelt ripped me off $10K and didn't have the qualifications to complete the work despite claiming on Upwork's website that they did - this is the response from Upwork's legal counsel when I asked for help in getting my money back for an end product I can't use: Upwork makes no representations about, and does not guarantee the quality, safety, or legality of, the Freelancer Services; the truth or accuracy of Freelancer’s listings on the Site; the qualifications, background, or identities of Users; the ability of Freelancers to deliver the Freelancer Services

Basically there is no point hiring anyone on Upwork because they don't even know who is on their website.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $4000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Upwork. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Upwork.

Check out the best and the worst companies in SEO and Reputation Management category for more informed decision or compare Upwork to other companies on our site.

Comments