My Upwork.com account was shut down due to a reputable client in the LA area. They were 100% legit, huge marketing firm, even tried working with Upwork, Inc to resolve their account but apparently Upwork Inc kept asking for more and more information.
Finally, they closed both of our accounts. They removed ALL approved payments, over $2000 from other clients as well, not just mine.
The ticket started off saying we have a problem with this other person's account, you can continue working. It turns out that while I was making money during the 16 day investigation, they decided to close my account and remove all my earnings :(.
Very unethical business practices.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Quality of clients
- Idea of being able to work
What I disliked
- Constant website issues
- Lazy staff
- Unethical business practices
- Billing policies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I did my due diligence before signing a 6 month contact for $99 a month and a $99 setup fee. I have a health product I sell from my..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I HAVE A VERY EXTREMELY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS *** COMPANY, LACK OF EXPERIENCE LACK OF MANAGEMENT AND DISCIPLINE. TECHNICALLY THEY DON'T KNOW THE TECHNOLOGY ONLY THEY SEARCH ONLINE FOR..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "The manager Geoffrey Taylor and Victoria are racist. I went to see about a storage unit and was told they no more units available as soon as I walked in..."
- "I am a physically disabled vet who has limited sight among other issues, so I have a service dog who recently stayed at a Best Western in Columbus, Georgia on..."
- "Yes I agree your absolutely right. They are nothing but MONEY Grabbers who steals your MONEY EVERY MONTH because they don't protected your property. There prices continues to..."