My Upwork.com account was shut down due to a reputable client in the LA area. They were 100% legit, huge marketing firm, even tried working with Upwork, Inc to resolve their account but apparently Upwork Inc kept asking for more and more information.
Finally, they closed both of our accounts. They removed ALL approved payments, over $2000 from other clients as well, not just mine.
The ticket started off saying we have a problem with this other person's account, you can continue working. It turns out that while I was making money during the 16 day investigation, they decided to close my account and remove all my earnings :(.
Very unethical business practices.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Quality of clients
- Idea of being able to work
What I disliked
- Constant website issues
- Lazy staff
- Unethical business practices
- Billing policies
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Upwork Inc
- Review category
- SEO and Reputation Management
You May Also Like
- "Wisdek, a SEO company based in Ontario Canada, offers a Satisfaction Guarantee on their webpage.But what does that really mean? Absolutely nothing. The only reason I chose to..."
- "My Upwork.com account was shut down due to a reputable client in the LA area. They were 100% legit, huge marketing firm, even tried working with Upwork, Inc to resolve..."
- "Ayudos' Pro package definitely provided a great boost thru social media and a featured article which brought some great traffic to my campaign page here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pelty-the-bluetooth-speaker-powered-by-fire/ Pelty represents a technological revolution in..."
- "I'm so annoyed that I gave my money to these swindlers. I ordered a bathing suit and it took a full MONTH for me to get my order. They did..."
- "hated the lasagna! the pasta was thick. not true lasagna pasta. it was cooked exactly as instructed. it tasted horrible. Stouffers, has really gone down hill. no flavor. tasted like..."
- "Tee Chip stole my original artwork from 2013 off my Etsy account www.radmoonrising.com and currently has it for sale in September of 2015. I was not consulted contacted or asked..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."